UCLA Internal Medicine & Preventive Medicine Residency Program
The Internal Medicine-Preventive Medicine training program is a 4-year combined residency training program. This program provides in-depth population health training and fully funds you in your 4th year to complete a 1-year MPH degree in Health Services Organization through the UCLA Fielding School of Public Health
- Enhanced curriculum focuses on public health and preventive medicine in electives, selectives, and core rotational experiences.
- R2-R3 years include diverse rotations and longitudinal projects based on your interests within LA County’s Dept. of Public Health and Dept. of Health Services safety net facilities.
- Maintain most of your Categorical/Primary Care track structure, which includes your existing continuity site(s).
- Become double board-eligible for Internal Medicine and Preventive Medicine.
- Receive a fully-funded MPH degree from a truly world-class school of public health.
- Acquire practical skills to design and implement public health interventions.
- Tailored education in the program through coursework and projects in various fields related to health policy and/or management.
- Acquire significant education and tools that cater towards paths to become future physician leaders of health systems, public health departments, and nonprofit organizations.
How to apply
Eligibility for this program is contingent on acceptance to the UCLA Internal Medicine Residency program through categorical or primary care.
Please note we are NOT recruiting for the 2021-2022 academic year.